Sunday, July 30, 2006

Those Crazy Kids!

Any guide book will tell you that a trip to Tokyo MUST include a Sunday afternoon in Harajuku, to see all of the young people in their Sunday finest. The area around the station is filled with a 'freak show' and hundreds of tourists taking photos of the freak show.

Their parents must be so proud! I guess most kids leave home for the day in normal clothes and take with them a suitcase for their costume and makeup!

The guidebook was right; the parade at Harajuku is well worth a visit!

3 comments:

Turning Japanese said...

Now you are linked to my blog too

Turning Japanese said...

I thought it was amazing that the 'freaks' were taking photo of each other too... It wasn't just us tourists with our cameras. Oh, and I will never forget that little old granny with the kick ass camera!

April in Wonderland said...

These pics still amaze me! Oh what style! (?)

xxx