Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Bathroom Experience

I don't think I am in Kansas anymore!

OK so the whole different language and the difference in appearance did register with me, but what made me really realise that I am in a whole new world was the 'Bathroom Experience'.

I wanted to freshen up to kill a bit of time, but mainly to stay awake, so off I went in search of a toilet and fortunately the signs for toilets seem pretty universal! The first cubicle I looked in was pretty much a hole in the floor, with 'footprints' on either side. Naturally I wasn't sure of how they work I just figured it would end in tears and wetness. If I didn't fall in I was band to squirt myself!

(OK, so this isn't the actual toilet I found, but the concept was very similar!)

Fortunately I kept looking and found a 'normal' western toilet. I say normal although it was self-flushing and did have some sort of shower hose and tap on the wall. I have no idea what it is for, it is probably safer that way!

No comments: