Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Crying Doors

The day of departure was preceded by a restless sleep. I don't know if it was a case of being over tired, nervous, anxious or sensitive to the noises of the kids (and the loud snoring monster who shared my bed!) I imagine that it was a combination of them all.

When the kids went off to Tia's it was finally time to pack. It didn't feel real, even though it was only a few hours before I had to go to the airport. I was antsy and edgy, trying not to be too nervous and think that this was my first ever trip alone and I am under-prepared.

Eventually we picked up the kids and we went to the airport. I could feel the tears threaten. I had to swallow lumps in my throat and blink back tears a few times, and quite successfully too. My success slipped away as soon as I saw the 'crying doors'. I don't even know why I was crying then (or why I am trying not to cry now). After lots of hugs and kisses, as well as looks of confusion from the kids it was time to go through the crying doors. Even AJ gave me lots of hugs and a rarity - kisses too, as well as patting my cheek as you would pat a cat.



Lots of promises were made to have fun and to be good for dad and then I was off. The adventure was about to begin for real...

1 comment:

Turning Japanese said...

Those kisses are very precious. I await the moment he grows out of the kissing phobia... waiting... waiting...

Lets go again!