Friday, July 28, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

"What!" I hear you say, it was your birthday and you chose not to spend it with your family - how rude! It wasn't my real birthday, it was just an excuse to be handcuffed and dragged through a dungeon to be locked in a tiny cell. It really wasn't as horrible as it sounds, it was a theatre restaurant where all diners were prisoners.

We were in Shibuya and met up with a friend of Ellen's and together they dragged me up and down tiny streets to find the secret restaurant! Once inside our cell, we were quite comfortable if not cosy where we ate and drank Japanese 'pub food' to our hearts content. This pub food is similar to Aussie pub food - chips and pizza, but also included chicken knuckles and edamame. Not a big beer fan, I drank Japanese vodka sours instead.


A very nice way to spend my 'birthday'!

No comments: